The College welcomes students with a range of abilities, backgrounds and ages. We are an equal opportunities college and offer targeted support to people with a range of additional support for learning requirements. We support students who:
- are from a care background or identify as being care experienced
- identify has having a disability
- identify as having a mental health issue,
- have specific health issues
- have specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia or dyspraxia.
- have a diagnosis of ASD or Aspergers
- have a sensory impairment
- have mobility difficulties
We aim to ensure that each student can participate fully in college life and achieve their potential through the development of a personal learning support plan.
If you believe you have an additional support for learning need please contact us before applying to discuss any additional support you may require and what support the College has to offer.
We also encourage you to provide full details on your application form to the College as this allows us to work with you to ensure your support can be in place at the beginning of your course. The service is confidential and designed to be as supportive and person-centred as possible
Contact Morag Kerr by telephone 0131 663 1921, or by email at MoragKerr@newbattleabbeycollege.ac.uk