Website accessibility statement for Newbattle Abbey College
This website is run by Newbattle Abbey College. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- Change colours, contrast levels and fonts using your browser.
- Change colours, contrast levels and fonts using the website’s ‘High contrast option’ tool.
- Remove animations using the websites ‘Remove animation’ tool.
- Zoom in up to 400% without the text spilling off the screen.
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard.
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software.
- Listen to most of the website using a screen reader.
We have also made the website text as simple as possible to understand. AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
Parts of this website are not fully accessible. For example:
- Some pages are not fully navigable using landmarks.
- Embedded videos don’t have captions and/or audio descriptions.
- Some images do not have good alternative text or alternative text is missing.
- Some PDF documents might not be fully accessible to screen reader software.
- Some buttons and links are not correctly identified.
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format (like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille):
Call: 0131 663 1921
Visit us: Newbattle Abbey College, Newbattle Road, Dalkeith, Midlothian, EH22 3LL
We will consider your request and get back to you as soon as possible.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, call 0131 663 1921 or email us at email@example.com
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No.2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Newbattle Abbey College is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
We are working towards ensuring that this website is fully compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
This statement was prepared on September 1st, 2020.